Heal Your Self
AURELIS guided meditations are scientifically backed. Start Your Free Month Now.
Muscle tensions as a result of distress
In most cases a rigid neck is caused by chronic muscle tensions as a result of chronic distress. General relaxation (see indications about ‘Relaxation’) and stressional intelligence (see indication ‘Stress Relief’) are thus certainly indicated.
Sometimes a clear meaning
Sometimes a rigid neck has a clear meaning: fear or unwillingness to look ahead, to see an important situation right into the eyes. With the AURELIS method it’s not needed to make an analysis of underlying factors. You approach the symptom in a symbolic way and through this immediately also the underlying problems. You meet within yourself a more gentle way to treat yourself, your surroundings and your neck.
A chance to grow
A symptom like rigid neck is a chance to grow as a complete person. A purely superficial approach is a missed chance. With AURELIS you can accept the invitation that comes from your deeper self. Improving the rigid neck is then the consequence of a deeper change within yourself. This last is the actual effect. The improvement of the symptom is a side effect.
Relaxation that softens the muscles
You make your neck muscles slowly softer and softer, in a way in which you feel that it's not just for a little while but permanent.Play Session
Bending of the neck as a symbolic invitation to righten something within yourself
You make the muscles of your neck entirely loose. Then you search within yourself for what will heal the neck by itself.Play Session
A very straight posture
Not only the vertebrae of your neck, but your whole spine becomes straight as it was meant to be and only the natural curve remains.Play Session
Absolute non-aggression versus your neck muscles
'Non-aggression' is attention, but with complete respect for the current state. You give your own neck muscles (and the emotions that are caught there) complete freedom.Play Session
The inner strength-neck that manages tensions
Inner strength provides your neck the possibility to stand powerfully in the midst of life and manage the 'storms of life' without being broken by them.Play Session
- High psychiatric comorbidity in spasmodic torticollis: a controlled study. by G|ndel H, Wolf A, Xidara V, Busch R, Ladwig KH, Jacobi F, von Rad M, Ceballos-Baumann AO. Journal: J Nerv Ment Dis. 2003 Jul;191(7):465-73.
- [Psychosomatic aspects of idiopathic spasmodic torticollis. Results of a multicenter study]. [Article in German] by Scheidt CE, Rayki O, Nickel T, Heinen F, Wissel J, Poewe W, Benecke R, Arnold G, Oertel W, Dengler R, Deuschl G. Journal: Psychother Psychosom Med Psychol. 1998 Jan;48(1):1-12.
- [Clinical and psychometric findings in spasmodic torticollis]. [Article in German] by Scheidt CE. Journal: Psychother Psychosom Med Psychol. 1995 May;45(5):183-91.
Get unlimited access:Start free trial
- More than thousand AURELIS guided meditations
- Practical workouts (Read & Do)
- A growing community