Heal Your Self
AURELIS guided meditations are scientifically backed. Start Your Free Subscription.
Examples of suggestion
Scientific studies have shown that an attack of hay fever in someone who is allergic to for instance roses, can also be provoked by plastic roses. The same attack can be stopped by taking a ‘remedy’ that is wrongfully represented to contain an active substance against hay fever. Both cases are the result of suggestion.
Close connections with the psyche
Hay fever is an allergy, an exaggerated response of the immune system that has very close connections with the nervous system and the psyche. Research even brought to light that the immune system closely cooperates with the nervous system in shaping a part of our memory. The influence of suggestion on allergic phenomena is therefore not astonishing. One not only sees this in the case of hay fever, but also for example in the case of asthma and allergic eczema.
Beside this indication, the indication about general allergy is also interesting for people with hay fever (see ‘Allergy – general’), as well as the indication about strengthening of the immune system (see ‘Strengthening of immune system’) and the general relaxations.
Symptoms become thinner and are dispersed
You don't forcibly stop the symptoms of hay fever, but you accept them, which causes them to spontaneously lose their strength. Slowly, they become thinner and you get a free feeling.Play Session
Using the relaxation of your whole body
With this session you can specifically focus your complete deep relaxation to the 'relaxation' of the mucosa of nose and eyes.Play Session
At each breathing the mucosa becomes stronger
At each inhalation and exhalation you let the mucosa of your nose become more powerful through your positive attention.Play Session
Getting powerful emotions out of the mucosa
In your thoughts you go from within to your mucous membranes and remove all exaggerated powerful emotions.Play Session
At acute attack: drowning pollen in a flow of water
In your imagination the pollen from your nose is washed away by a flow of water. Even before they leave your nose they are already made inoffensive because they drown in the water.Play Session
- Effect of self-hypnosis on hay Fever symptoms - a randomised controlled intervention study by Langewitz W; Izakovic J; Wyler J; Schindler C; Kiss A; Bircher AJ Journal: Psychother Psychosom 2005;74(3): 165-72
- The role of psychic factors in patients with allergic rhinitis. by Czubalski K, Zawisza E. Journal: Acta Otolaryngol. 1976 May-Jun;81(5-6):484-8.
- Life situations, emotions, and nasal disease; evidence on summative effects exhibited in patients with "hay fever". by HOLMES TH, TREUTING T, WOLFF HG. Journal: Psychosom Med. 1951 Mar-Apr;13(2):71-82.
Get unlimited access:Free subscription
- More than thousand AURELIS guided meditations
- Practical workouts (Read & Do)
- A growing community